Do you like any, all, or a combination of these?
- Warm, cheerful, quirky original songs
- Folk music
- Imaginative covers that put a new spin on the original
- A variety of instruments, including (but not solely): piano, glockenspiel, ukulele
- Two singers; a lady and a chap
- Family-friendly outdoor(ish) events
- Bringing a picnic
- Paying just a quid to get in (on the door; no ticket required)
- Knowing that quid is going to Liverpool’s Bombed Out Church?
If you’re bringing kids, be aware that they will need some supervision (especially crawling babies and toddlers) as there is a little pond in the middle. However, please don’t worry about them having to be quiet or sit still during performances. If they’re in school, they’ll have enough of that there! We don’t want kids to associate music with “boring”; if they want to run around (provided someone’s keeping an eye on them so they’re safe, as it is, after all, a ruin!) and make a bit of noise, that’s absolutely fine. We’ll even sing a lullaby if any of them are tired!
There are steps (as you’ll probably know if you’ve had Silent Sleep’s “meet me on the steps of the Bombed Out Church” as an earworm), so if you’re struggling to get up them, let us know and we’ll see if we can assist. (That said, we’re not insured to carry prams up stairs, we just like to be helpful. It’d be “at your own risk”.)
If you’d like any more information about the gig, you can see our Facebook page, follow us on twitter, or email us: mossandjones [at] gmail [dot] com.
If you want an idea of the kind of music we do, have a listen to our soundcloud or bandcamp pages.
Please reblog, retweet and share away! Thank you very much!
Moss & Jones (Ruth & Marc)